Vision & Mission
The School of Natural Resources will be an international leader in natural resources education, research, and outreach. The School will also be the primary provider of natural resources information and service to the citizens and stakeholders of Nebraska.
The School of Natural Resources will combine interdisciplinary approaches and disciplinary excellence to:
- Foster an integrated, systems approach to address complex natural resource, environmental and human issues;
- Provide a quality academic experience for students;
- Conduct fundamental research of the mechanisms associated with natural resource systems;
- Provide innovative outreach to citizens and stakeholders;
- Investigate, record, and disseminate information about Nebraska's Earth, water, atmospheric and biological resources; and
- Promote a comprehensive conservation ethic for the effective and appropriate management and sustainable use of natural resources.