- Contact Information
- My Story
- Publications & Presentations
- Expertise & Interests
- Courses Taught
|Title||Water Quality Engineer/Scientist|
217 Chase Hall
P. O. Box 830726
Dr. Messer will join the BSE Department beginning January 2017. She holds degrees in Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering (University of Kentucky, B.S., 2008) and Biological and Agricultural Engineering (North Carolina State University, M.S. 2010, PhD, 2015). Messer will complete her postdoctoral appointment in the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University in December 2016, where her research has focused on nutrient and insecticide fate and transport in stream systems. Her research interests reside at the intersection of engineering, ecology, and agriculture with an emphasis on environmental biogeochemistry and water resources in agricultural landscapes. Her research focuses on
- Emerging technologies such as nutrient recovery from animal manures
- Arising issues in water quality associated with the fate, transport and remediation of emerging contaminants in stream, wetland, and agricultural ecosystems
- Assessing risk management and/or mitigation of water-borne contaminants.
She will be teaching courses in water quality, environmental engineering, and related areas. Messer received an EPA STAR Fellowship in 2012 that supported majority of her doctoral research and the North Carolina State University Certificate in Teaching in 2014. Additionally, she is an active member of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) and the American Ecological Engineering Society (AEES).
- BS - University of Kentucky, Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering (2008)
- MS - North Carolinat State University, Biological and Agricultural Engineering (2010)
- PhD - North Carolinat State University, Biological and Agricultural Engineering (2015)
- Environmental Science
Currently this page only displays grants that were awarded on 1/1/2009 to the present. If a grant was awarded prior to 1/1/2009 and is still active, it will not be displayed on this page.There no Grants found for this selection.
|Undergraduate Majors||Bachelor of Science in
Master of Science in Natural Resource Sciences
Doctor of Philosophy in Natural Resource Sciences