The High Plains Regional Climate Center recently released its first annual regional climate summary, covering climate conditions, data and rankings, and extremes events for the year 2016.
The center provided an overview of climate conditions for the year, as well as information and maps highlighting temperatures, precipitation, snowpack and streamflow, and drought. It also included a page dedicated to noteworthy climate events that occurred around the region during the year.
The National Drought Mitigation Center has announced the release of its first annual report and the unveiling of its new logo.
Over the last year, the drought center has worked on 24 projects and hosted or co-hosted 76 events in 15 countries, and partnered with 18 state and federal partners.
- S. D. Choudhury, S. Goswami, S. Bashyam, A. Samal, T. Awada. (2017). Automated Stem Angle Determination for Temporal Plant Phenotyping Analysis. ICCV, Computer Vision Challenges in Plant Phenotyping, Venice, Italy.
- Divine, Dana P. and Leslie M. Howard. 2017. The Groundwater Atlas of Richardson County, Nebraska, NE: Conservation & Survey Division. pp. 33 Online
- Feng, S., Trnka, M., Hayes, M. J., Zhang, Y. 2017. Why do different drought indices show distinct future drought risk outcomes in the U.S. great plains? Journal of Climate. 30:265-278. Online
- Hay, W.T., Bihmidine, S., Mutlu, N., Awada, T., Weeks, D.P., Clemente, T.E., and Long, S.P. (2017). Enhancing soybean photosynthetic CO2 assimilation using a cyanobacterial membrane protein, ictB. Journal of Plant Physiology. 212:55-68. Online
- Hu, Q., Y. Q., C. Z. (2017). WRF Simulation and Downscaling of Local Climate in Central Asia. Journal of International Climatology. DOI: 10.1002/joc.5018 Online
- Konstantinos Giannakas, Murray Fulton & Tala Awada. (2017). Hiring leaders: Inference and disagreement about the best person for the job. Palgrave Communications 3, Article number: 17. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-017-0019-y doi:10.1057/s41599 Online
- Msanne, J., Awada, T. N., Schacht, W., Drijber, R., Okalebo, J., Wedin, D. A., Brandle, J. R. 2017. Ecophysiological control of native invasive woody Juniperus virginiana to resource availability and stand characteristics in the semi-arid grasslands of th Online
- Quinn JE, Awada T, Trindade F, Fulginiti L, and Perrin R. (2017). Combining habitat loss and agricultural intensification improves our understanding of drivers of change in avian abundance in a North American cropland anthrome. Ecology and Evolution. 7: 8 Online
- Solovchenko, A., A. Gitelson, O. Chivkunova, M. Merzlyak. (2017) Foliar reflectance and biochemistry, 5 data sets. Researchgate 10.13140/RG.2.2.13225.29282 Online
- Ambika, A.K., B.D. Wardlow, and V. Mirsha. 2016. Data Descriptor: Remotely sensed high resolution irrigated area mapping in India for 2000 to 2015. Nature 3:160118. Online