The High Plains Regional Climate Center recently released its first annual regional climate summary, covering climate conditions, data and rankings, and extremes events for the year 2016.
The center provided an overview of climate conditions for the year, as well as information and maps highlighting temperatures, precipitation, snowpack and streamflow, and drought. It also included a page dedicated to noteworthy climate events that occurred around the region during the year.
The National Drought Mitigation Center has announced the release of its first annual report and the unveiling of its new logo.
Over the last year, the drought center has worked on 24 projects and hosted or co-hosted 76 events in 15 countries, and partnered with 18 state and federal partners.
- Divine, Dana P. and Leslie M. Howard. 2017. The Groundwater Atlas of Richardson County, Nebraska, NE: Conservation & Survey Division. pp. 33 Online
- Feng, S., Trnka, M., Hayes, M. J., Zhang, Y. 2017. Why do different drought indices show distinct future drought risk outcomes in the U.S. great plains? Journal of Climate. 30:265-278. Online
- Hu, Q., Y. Q., C. Z. (2017). WRF Simulation and Downscaling of Local Climate in Central Asia. Journal of International Climatology. DOI: 10.1002/joc.5018 Online
- Msanne, J., Awada, T. N., Schacht, W., Drijber, R., Okalebo, J., Wedin, D. A., Brandle, J. R. 2017. Ecophysiological control of native invasive woody Juniperus virginiana to resource availability and stand characteristics in the semi-arid grasslands of th Online
- Solovchenko, A., A. Gitelson, O. Chivkunova, M. Merzlyak. (2017) Foliar reflectance and biochemistry, 5 data sets. Researchgate 10.13140/RG.2.2.13225.29282 Online
- Ambika, A.K., B.D. Wardlow, and V. Mirsha. 2016. Data Descriptor: Remotely sensed high resolution irrigated area mapping in India for 2000 to 2015. Nature 3:160118. Online
- Avery, W., Finkenbiner, C., Franz, T., Wang, T., Nguy-Robertson, A., Munoz-Arriola, F., Suyker, A., Arkebauer, T. 2016. Incorporation of globally available datasets into the cosmic-ray neutron probe method for estimating field scale soil water content. Hy Online
- Bachmair, S., Stahl, K., Collins, K., Hannaford, J., Acreman, M., Svoboda, M., Knutson, C., Helm-Smith, K., Wall, N., Fuchs, B., Crossman, N. D., Overton, I. C. 2016. Drought Indicators revisited: practice in monitoring and early warning and the link to Online
- Balzarolo, M., Vicca, S., Nguy-Robertson, A., Bonal, D., Elbers, J. A., Fu, Y. H., Grünwald, T., Horemans, J., Papale, D., Peñuelas, J., Suyker, A., Veroustraete, F. 2016. Matching the phenology of Net Ecosystem Exchange and vegetation indices estimated Online
- Brown, J., Kluck, D., McNutt, C., Hayes, M. J. 2016. Assessing drought vulnerability using a socioecological framework. Rangelands. 38(4):162-168. Online