The High Plains Regional Climate Center recently released its first annual regional climate summary, covering climate conditions, data and rankings, and extremes events for the year 2016.
The center provided an overview of climate conditions for the year, as well as information and maps highlighting temperatures, precipitation, snowpack and streamflow, and drought. It also included a page dedicated to noteworthy climate events that occurred around the region during the year.
The National Drought Mitigation Center has announced the release of its first annual report and the unveiling of its new logo.
Over the last year, the drought center has worked on 24 projects and hosted or co-hosted 76 events in 15 countries, and partnered with 18 state and federal partners.
- Korus, J.T. and Howard, L.M., Maps showing the Physical Hydrogeology and Changes in Saturated Thickness (Predevelopment to Spring 2016 and Spring 2011 to Spring 2016) in the Middle Republican Natural Resources District, Southwestern Nebraska. University o
- Young, A.R., Burbach, M.E., Howard, L.M., Waszgis M.M., Lackey, S.O., Joeckel R.M., 2018, Nebraska Statewide Groundwater-Level Monitoring Report 2018. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Conservation and Survey Division, Nebraska Water Survey Paper 86, 24 pp. Online
- Amuti, T., Luo, G., Yin, G., Hu, S., Walter-Shea, E. (2018). Evaluation of a process-based agro-ecosystem model (Agro-IBIS) for maize in Xinjiang, Northwest China. Agronomy, 8.
- Arsiso, B. K., Tsidu, G. M., Stoffberg, G. H., Tadesse, T. (2018). Influence of urbanization-driven land use/cover change on climate: The case of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth.
- Aslan, A., Karlstrom, K., Heizler, M., Kirby, E., Granger, D., Hanson, P., Feathers, J., Mahan, S. Controls on patterns of upper Colorado River bedrock incision. Geological Society of America.
- Aus Der Au R., Awada T., Battipaglia G., Hiller, J., Saurer M., and Cherubini P., 2018. Tree Rings of Pinus ponderosa and Juniperus virginiana Show Different Responses to Stand Density and Water Availability in the Nebraska Grasslands. American Midland N Online
- Aus Der Au, R., Awada, T. N., Battipaglia, G., Hiller, J., Saurer, M., Cherubini, P. (2018). Tree Rings of Pinus ponderosa and Juniperus virginiana Show Different Responses to Stand Density and Water Availability in the Nebraska Grasslands. Tree Rings of
- Ayehu, G. T., Tadesse, T., Gessesse, B., Dinku, T. (2018). Validation of new satellite rainfall products over the Upper Blue Nile Basin, Ethiopia. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques (AMT), 11, 1921-1936
- Babaeian, E., Sadeghi, M., Franz, T., Jones, S., Tueller, M. (2018). Mapping soil moisture with the OPtical TRApezoid Model (OPTRAM) based on long-term MODIS observations. Remote Sensing of the Environment, 211.
- Barker, J., Neale, C., Heeren, D., Suyker, A. (2018). Evaluation of a hybrid reflectance-based crop coefficient and energy balance evapotranspiration model for irrigation management. Transactions of the ASABE, 61(2), 533-548.