The High Plains Regional Climate Center recently released its first annual regional climate summary, covering climate conditions, data and rankings, and extremes events for the year 2016.
The center provided an overview of climate conditions for the year, as well as information and maps highlighting temperatures, precipitation, snowpack and streamflow, and drought. It also included a page dedicated to noteworthy climate events that occurred around the region during the year.
The National Drought Mitigation Center has announced the release of its first annual report and the unveiling of its new logo.
Over the last year, the drought center has worked on 24 projects and hosted or co-hosted 76 events in 15 countries, and partnered with 18 state and federal partners.
- Divine, D.P. and Howard, L.M., edited by Diffendal, Jr. R.F., 2020. Interpretive Geologic Maps and Cross Sections for Phelps, Kearney, and Adams Counties in Nebraska. Conservation & Survey Division, School of Natural Resources, University of Nebraska - Online
- Wang, R., Gamon, J. 2020. Detecting intra- and inter-annual variability in gross primary productivity of a North American grassland using MODIS MAIAC data. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 281 (2020) 107859. Online
- Awada, T., Skolaut, K., Battipaglia, G., Saurer, M., Riveros-Iregui, D., Schapaugh, A., Huddle J., Zhou, X., Martin, D., and Cherubini, P. (2019). Tree-ring stable isotopes show different ecophysiological strategies in native and invasive woody species of Online
- Ayehu, G. T., Tadesse, T., Gessesse, B., Yigrem, Y. 2019. Soil Moisture Monitoring Using Remote Sensing Data and a Stepwise-Cluster Prediction Model: The Case of Upper Blue Nile Basin, Ethiopia. Remote Sensing. 11(2), 125. Online
- Bai, G., Ge, Y., Scoby, D., Leavitt, B., Stoerger, V., Kirchgessner, N., Irmak, S., Graef, G., Schnable, J., Awada, T. (2019). NU-Spidercam: A large-scale, cable-driven, integrated sensing and robotic system for advanced phenotyping, remote sensing, and a Online
- Bathke, D., Haigh, T., Bernadt, T., Wall, N., Hill, H., Carson, A. 2019. Using Serious Games to Facilitate Collaborative Water Management Planning Under Climate Extremes. Journal of Contemporary Water Research and Education (167), 55-60. Online
- Bathke, D., Prendeville, H. R., Jacobs, A., Heim, R., Thoman, R., Fuchs, B. 2019. Defining Drought in a Temperate Rainforest. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. Online
- Bathke, D., Prendeville, H., Jacobs, A., Heim, R., Thoman, R., Fuchs, B. 2019. Defining Drought in a Temperate Rainforest. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. December 2019: 2665-2668. Online
- Bayissa, Y. A., Moges, S. A., Tadesse, T. 2019. "Does using varying length of rainfall data affect assessment of drought in data scarce areas of Africa? A case study of Upper Blue Nile basin, Ethiopia?" in Extreme Hydrology and Climate Variability: Monito Online
- Bayissa, Y. A., Tadesse, T., Demisse, G. 2019. Building A High-Resolution Vegetation Outlook Model to Monitor Agricultural Drought for the Upper Blue Nile Basin, Ethiopia. Building A High-Resolution Vegetation Outlook Model to Monitor Agricultural Drought Online