Select a region on the map or a name from the list below. The association description will be displayed in the right column.
- Canyon-Rosebud-Rock outcrop
- Tassel-Busher-Rock outcrop
Ordering a Hardcopy
You can order on-line a hardcopy of the General Soil Map of Nebraska, from the School's store ("Nebraska Maps and More").
General Soil Map of Nebraska
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Soil Conservation Service
James R. Culver - Nebraska State Soil Scientist
Steve J. Schaefer - Cartographer
Conservation and Survey Division
School of Natural Resources
Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Mark S. Kuzila - Research Soil Scientist
Ann M. Mack - Cartographer
9. Lawet-Gothenburg-Platte Association
- Lawet: Deep, nearly level, somewhat poorly drained, loamy soils formed in alluvium on bottomlands; Typic Calciaquolls, fine-loamy.
- Gothenburg: Shallow over sand and gravel, nearly level, poorly drained, sandy soils formed in alluvium on bottomlands; Typic Psammaquents
- Platte: Shallow over sand and gravel, nearly level, poorly drained, sandy soils formed in alluvium on bottomlands; Mollic Fluvaquents, sandy.