Go to all Forms
If you have questions about information presented here, please contact:
- Christine Steggs: firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-472-8120
- SNR Meritorious Graduate Student Award Posted: 4/26/2013
Description: The awards honor the best SNR students and recognize their academic achievements, research, teaching contributions, leadership accomplishments, service and personal qualifications.
Contact: Mark Pegg
Contact Information: 402 HARH, EC 0974 Phone: 402-472-6824
Additional Information and/or Instructions:
The Award: Recipients will receive $500 each (one MS and one PhD), a certificate, and their names will be put on plaques.
Eligibility:Candidates must have completed at least one academic year of graduate work (two semesters) leading to an MS or PhD degree in Natural Resource Sciences and must be current student at the time of the award in June. Graduate students can receive this award only once for each degree.
Selection Process and Criteria: The Graduate Committee will select the recipients based on:
- Academic achievements, honors, and awards, GPA of at least 3.5.
- Research/teaching contributions.
- Leadership accomplishments (academic and professional).
- Service activities (community and professional organizations).
- Personal qualities (leadership, commitment to excellence, and communication skills).
Deadline: Nominations should be submitted to the Graduate Committee by close of business May 17, 2013. Awards will be announced soon thereafter.
Requirements to be submitted to the Office Associate for Student Services:
- One nomination letter from advisor.
- One nomination letter from a graduate student in the School of Natural Resources.
- Student's GPA.
- Student's Curriculum Vitae.
Download the form