Go to all Forms
If you have questions about information presented here, please contact:
- Christine Steggs: email@example.com, 402-472-8120
- IANR Outstanding Employee Award Posted: 4/28/2010
Description: The award recognizes those IANR employees who have demonstrated performance beyond that normally expected.
Contact: Maria Hansen
Contact Information: 909 HARH, EC 0989 Phone: 402-472-9873
Additional Information and/or Instructions:
To recognize those IANR employees who have demonstrated performance beyond that normally expected.
Criteria for Nomination
Individuals nominated should fulfill the criteria listed below:
- Exhibit creative contributions beyond normal work assignments.
- Exhibit sustained level of high-quality work/performance.
- Illustrate sound judgment in daily decisions.
- Inspire "teamwork" attitude.
- Work in an efficient manner.
- Nominees cannot be on probation (applies to office/service only).
- An individual must be employed permanently .50 FTE or more in the University and also have an IANR appointment.
Please provide specific examples of criteria 1-5 in supporting material, otherwise nominations cannot be evaluated. Also, include a copy of employee's current position description which indicates an IANR appointment and a letter of support from the immediate supervisor and the unit administrator (if not immediate supervisor).
Anyone may nominate or write a letter of support for a person for this award (please attach). However, nominations must be made through and approved by the Immediate Supervisor and Unit Administrator (if not immediate supervisor). The nomination is then forwarded to the IANR Assistant Vice Chancellor's Office for processing.
Each nomination is reviewed by a committee composed of one academic/administrative, one managerial/professional, and four office/service staff with committee recommendations approved by the NU Vice President/IANR Vice Chancellor. Recipients will be selected monthly for the office/service award and every other month for the managerial/professional award. Nominations must be received on or before the 15th day of February, May, August, and November and will be reviewed by the selection committee on a quarterly basis. At the discretion of the committee, nominations may or may not be carried forward from one quarter to the next.
Each recipient will be awarded $250 (less the amount withheld for taxes), plus a certificate, lapel pin, letter from the NU Vice President/IANR Vice Chancellor, and recognition in The Leading Object.
Download the form