Employee Handbook - Single Item
- Develop and maintain survey-related GIS databases.
- Develop GIS databases for faculty and staff research and projects.
- Provide GIS support for faculty and staff research and projects.
- Develop maps and graphics using GIS databases. Provide technical support for GIS software.
- University contact for ESRI software/technical support.
- Provide general and technical assistance for GPS.
- Maintain handheld GPS units for general use.
- Large format scanning and plotting.
- Produce maps, graphics and high-quality illustrations and drawings.
- Produce posters and slide presentations for professional meetings.
- Produce flyers, brochures, hand-outs and displays.
- Flat-bed scanning, slide scanning, lamination, foam board mounting and comb binding.
The GIS/Graphics Service Center is required to charge fees to cover the cost of operating expenses, equipment, materials and supplies. An hourly rate for these services has been determined based on equipment costs, depreciation, licensing fees and replacement needs. The hourly fee covers such expenses as phone lines, Internet connections, computers, large format plotter, large format scanner, laminator, printers and software and licensing fees. Additionally, all materials are charged at cost with no markup. The cost of materials covers such expenses as plotter paper, foam board, laminating film and other miscellaneous supplies. The following is a list of all fees charged through the GIS/Graphics Service Center.
- Hourly rate – $6.00/hr.
- Large format plotting
- Plain, coated paper – $1.00/ft.
- Glossy paper – $2.00/ft.
- Color laser prints – $0.25/pg.
- Lamination (glossy) – $ 0.30/ft.
- Lamination (satin) (large format) – $ 1.50/ft.
- Foam board
- 30" x 40" (adhesive) – $7.00/ea.
- 48" x 72" (adhesive) – $22.00/ea.
- 40" x 60" (non-adhesive) – $5.00/ea.
- Mylar – $2.00/ft.
Note: For long term projects, a customer may be referred to CALMIT to make use of their services.
Talk with the Graphics Specialist to get information on UNL logos and policies for appropriate use.