- IT Manager - Tri Tran: firstname.lastname@example.org, 226b South HARH, EC 0982 Phone: 402-472-8289
SNR IT Support must adhere to UN Security Standard outlined here: https://its.unl.edu/security
- All users must use their Active Directory accounts for logins
- No local accounts will be allowed on SNR computers
- Only SNR faculty, staff, and students can log into SNR computers located in Hardin Hall labs, classrooms, and conference rooms
- Individual SNR computer logons will be limited to the assigned SNR user and SNR IT Support
- Required hotfixes and critical security updates will be applied as soon as available by SNR System Admin
- Any other updates from Microsoft will be installed and tested on the SNR Test System first before installation on other systems.
- The standard testing time for patches and fixes will be at least 2 weeks to ensure they are working properly.
- SNR System Admin will test and approve patches before installing them.
- Open firewall ports are allowed for software licenses, files and print servers only
- Any requests for allowed ports will be processed through SNR System Admin
- UNL-ITS networking team will maintain SNR Firewalls
- Requests for allowed ports will be submitted by SNR System Admin to UNL-ITS Firewall Team
- All access requests must be made by the owners to SNR System Admin
- Only SNR System Admin will approve the requests
- Access will be removed when the user leaves and/or is transferred from SNR.
SNR requires that all computer purchases be made through SNR Computer Support personnel.
- Computers will be chosen from a few select makes and models. SNR IT will work with the users to buy the right equipment for their needs while staying within budget.
- SNR Computer Support will provide data security and backup for the network drives.
- Full hardware and software support will be provided/available on each system.
* Computers purchased without involvement of SNR Computing Support will not be eligible to receive SNR IT supports
- SNR IT is not responsible for any data users have on local or portable hard drives on their office computers.
- Office computer and data backups are the responsibilities of the users.
- Research data will be handled and backed up according to the guidelines of the grant providers, and the users are responsible for these data.
- It is recommended that users backup their local hard drives to off-site resources or cloud storage at least once a week. SNR IT can provide recommendations.
To be eligible for a Used Technology Fee computer, a graduate student:
- Must be currently enrolled in a UNL graduate program
- Must have an office in the SNR department in which the computer is to be housed
- Must not currently have a UNL computer
The graduate student must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The student will not receive administrator rights to the computer.
- The computer cannot be given to another student.
- The computer must be returned to SNR IT upon graduate student leaving UNL.
- It is the responsibility of the advisor to provide a cost object for computer repairs.
- If the computer is not used weekly, it will be given to another graduate student.
- The student will only receive one computer.
- The student is responsible for backing up their data before returning the Used Technology Fee computer back to SNR IT.