Graduate Student Handbook

Please contact Patty Swanson with comments or updates (
Return to the complete Graduate Student Handbook

University Vehicles


  • Office Associate for Sales - Lisa Greif:,  101 HARH, EC 0961   Phone: 402-472-3679

University (State of Nebraska) vehicles are available for rental for official University activities. They are for official use only and cannot be used for personal activities. Reservations can be made at Transportation Services' Rental Request site. Non-UNL employees or students not on official university business may not be transported in University vehicles. Contact the SNR Vehicle Coordinator if assistance is needed to request a rental vehicle.

Anyone driving a University (State of Nebraska) vehicle must be pre-approved. Authorization can be obtained at Transportation Services' New Driver Authorization site. Approval may take several weeks so plan in advance. Verifcation of existing driver authorization can be obtained at Transportation Services' Check Driver Authorization Status site.

An authorized driver of a University vehicles is responsible for locking and securing the vehicle and for any traffic violations incurred. Drivers are representatives of the University and, as such, driving practices reflect on the University. Please be a courteous and safe driver. There is no smoking in University vehicles and alcohol cannot be consumed or transported within University vehicles. For more information, see

Special training mut be obtained to drive a University van. Contact Transportation Services at 402-472-2422 to schedule this.

Information about driving an ATV is included in the SNR Field Health and Safety Plan,, under Vehicle Hazards.

NOTE: If an SNR vehicle is being used, be sure to complete the vehicle log, follow vehicle maintenance, and follow proper procedures in case of accidents.