Final Oral Exam is often called the "Defense."
- The Application for Final Oral Examination http://www.unl.edu/gradstudies/current/degrees must be filed at least 3 weeks before final oral exam.
Before the form is submitted: (1) The two designated readers must read the dissertation and sign the form. (2) The chair or co-chairs must also sign.
- Scheduling: The final oral should be scheduled at a time when a majority of the committee, including the chair/co-chairs, can attend. The time and date of the oral examination must be recorded on the form.
- For more information: Refer to the Graduate Studies Bulletin.
Contact the Office Associate for Student Services to reserve a room in Hardin Hall for the defense.
Research responsibility requirements:
- Speak with your advisor regarding the need for approvals to conduct research with animals or human subjects.
- For more information: The Office of Research Responsibility provides Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) guidelines.
- Incomplete Grades
- All incomplete grades listed on the program of studies (except dissertation 999) must be removed with satisfactory grades to satisfy degree requirements.