Graduate Student Handbook
- Graduate Admissions Coordinator - Patty Swanson: email@example.com, 229D HARH, EC 0982 Phone: 402-472-5355
My.UNL is the academic portal for the University. Instructors use this site for their classes to share relevant class information, notes, post grades, etc. To access the site follow the link http://my.unl.edu/. Help guides and tutorials are available on the site.The University Help Desk is also available to assist with problems. They can be reached 402-472-3970.
- After the instructor's payroll actions have been processed, the Office Associate for Student Services (OASS) will request the instructor be added to Blackboard for the class he/she is teaching. Instructors are expected to become familiar with Blackboard and use it to support student learning. Students are accustomed to using Blackboard and often expect to use it in combination with in-class activities.
- Instructors are encouraged to establish the OASS as an administrator of the course so that they may assist in posting announcements to the students.
- Instructors are not authorized to use private websites for teaching purposes. Only Blackboard, which is University sponsored, is approved for use in teaching.
- Blackboard is a useful tool to send announcements or respond to the entire class. Sometimes a student will e-mail an instructor with a question about an assignment. If an instructor believes the answer is relevant to other students, he or she can send an e-mail (through Blackboard) to the entire class.
- All course handouts, information on Blackboard, or other course-related materials (whether the materials are placed on Blackboard or distributed in class) must meet the professional standards of the School, College, and University.
- Simple instructions for accessing Blackboard can be found on the Blackboard website. User-friendly tutorials for Blackboard can be found on the same website. If additional instruction is needed, the Instructional Technology Group through UNL's Information Systems offers faculty/staff training workshops on My.UNL Blackboard course management system.
- The Alumni Coordinator can assist in determining your username and password.