Natural Resource Sciences Graduate Program
To qualify for admission to the Natural Resource Sciences graduate program, you must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree (for the MS) or graduate degree (for the PhD) in Natural Resources or related field. You must demonstrate experience, knowledge, and course work relevant to your intended field of study, which could include: physical and biological sciences; humans as components of natural resource systems; and natural/human resource information gathering and synthesis.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4 point system).
- GRE scores with the minimum recommended scores:
- Verbal: 500
- Quantitative: 620
- Written: 4.0
- Verbal: 153
- Quantitative: 149
- Written: 4.0
- For international applicants for whom English is not the first language, the TOEFL or IELTS exam is required, with a minimum score of:
- 550 paper-based
- 213 computer-based
- 79 web-based
- 6.5 on IELTS
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, you may be admitted with provisional status. You will be responsible for the corresponding tasks:
- Course deficiencies are typically made up in the first semester of enrollment. These courses are determined by the prospective advisor and approved by the SNR Graduate Committee. Course deficiencies will be listed on the student's Memorandum of Courses but will be in addition to the 30-credit degree requirement. The student must receive a grade of B or better in each course to remove deficiencies. Students who are admitted on a provisional basis due to background deficiencies may be eligible for financial assistance depending on the number of background courses required.
- An applicant whose GRE or GPA scores are below the entrance requirements must receive a grade of B or better in two graduate level courses (typically taken in the first semester of course work) to remove the provisional status. The courses are determined by the prospective advisor and approved by the SNR Graduate Committee.
- For applicants whose TOEFL score is below that required to be considered for admittance into the graduate program, they must retake the exam and receive a TOEFL score of 550 or better or successfully complete the Intensive English Program offered through the Department of English at UNL.
Graduate Application Entrance Requirements (updated 06/2013)
If you have particular questions about our Natural Resource Sciences graduate programs, we welcome you to contact:
SNR Graduate Student Secretary
102b Hardin Hall
3310 Holdrege Street
Lincoln NE 68583-0921