SNR has access to numerous field sites on property owned by the University of Nebraska and the Nature Conservancy or the Audubon Society.
These sites are well distributed across the state and over a variety of landscapes. They include tall grass, mixed grass and short grass prairies, wetlands, woodlands and rangelands, streamside habitat and agro-ecosystems. Field work outside the state is just as significant, and our faculty have access to a wide variety of research sites across the country and around the world.
These web pages provide basic information, maps, and climate data for areas across Nebraska managed by various units at UNL, as well as various public and non-private conservation agencies. People wishing to visit or conduct research at these sites should contact the manager or contact person listed with the site.
University of Nebraska Properties
- Agroforestry Research Farm
- Agrometeorology Laboratory at ENREC
- Allwine Prairie Preserve
- Arapaho Prairie
- Barta Brothers Ranch
- Cedar Canyon Demonstration Forest
- Cedar Point Biological Station
- Dalbey-Halleck Farm & Prairie
- Gudmundsen Sandhills Laboratory
- Haskell Agricultural Laboratory
- High Plains Ag Laboratory
- Horning State Farm Demonstration Forest
- Madigan Prairie
- Nine-Mile Prairie
- Panhandle Research and Extension Center
- Prairie Pines
- Reller Prairie
- South Central Research and Extension Center
- West Central Research and Extension Center