SNR Employee Handbook



  • Assistant to the Director - Christine Steggs,, 908 South HARH EC 0989, Phone: 402-472-8120

Work-related injuries and illness may occur. When this happens, if an employee has a paid appointment with the University, he or she and the supervisor need to report the work-related injury or illness as soon as possible to the UNL Benefits Office. Emeritus faculty*, retired staff, visitors, guests, and students** are not eligible for Worker's Compensation. If they are injured while on University property, they must use their personal funds/insurance to cover any medical expenses.

* Emeritus faculty who sustain a work-related injury or illness while doing a paid assignment for the University will qualify for worker's compensation.

** Students who are employees (e.g. on paid assistantships or student workers) and sustain a work-related injury or illness will qualify for worker's compensation, for that specific injury or illness. If they are injured while walking to class, that injury is not covered under worker's compensation.

Forms to be completed include:

Additional information about work-related illnesses and injuries may be found at