Term Code ID
The University term code is a four digit number based on calendar year:
- X is 0 for years in the 1900's and 1 for years in the 2000's
- YY is the last two digits of the calendar year the term is in
- Z is the calendar month the semester starts in -- generally that is 1 for Spring semester, 5 for Summer semester and 8 for Fall semester.
The terms codes for the 2013-2014 school year are 1138 (Fall), 1141 (Spring), and 1145 (Summer).
A problem with this code, if used in data and sorting, is that many reports need data for an academic year. When sorting using this code for academic year, the fall semester is associated with the wrong academic year and the term order produced is Spring, Summer and Fall (wrong fall).
Therefore an SNR term code was developed based on academic year. Academic year typically is stated as 2009-2010 or 2010-2011 and is general noted as the ending year so 2010 or 2011, respectively. The following code:
- A is 0 for years in the 1900's and 1 for years in the 2000's
- BB is two digit year of the Spring Semester
- C is 1 for Fall, 2 for Spring and 3 for Summer
The SNR term codes for the 2013-2014 school year are 1141 (Fall), 1142 (Spring), and 1143 (Summer).