The School of Natural Resources values the contributions of each person and strives to make each interaction matter. Through our Mission and Vision statements and our Natural Resources Diversity & Inclusivity Committee(NRDI), we are committed to engaging in practices that demonstrate the value of diversity and inclusive excellence.
We Strive to Be Intentional, Accountable and Reflective
Through the NRDI committee we have offered workshops, programs, book readings and other events.
- Depression and Academia
- Do #MeToo experiences decrease #GirlsInSTEM?
- The Art of Becoming a Better Mentor and Mentee
- Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts!
Our personnel and programs strive to provide the leadership to effectively deal with differing ideas and views to enable them to interact with diverse people and cultures in meaningful and constructive ways. We are also actively looking for people who will contribute to the diversity of the SNR community. We strongly encourage applications for faculty, staff, and administrator positions from groups who are underrepresented in the fields of natural resources and environment.
- The percent of undergraduate minorities enrolled in CASNR continues to increase each year
- Faculty, students, and staff advise the IANR Leadership Team on efforts to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment
- Modifications to the physical environment are being examined to improve accessibility and inclusion
IANR Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group
The IANR Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group consists of faculty, students, and staff that advise the IANR Leadership Team on efforts to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment within IANR.